Website celebrates one-year anniversary of its launch in May 2011!
- In the past year since its launch, there have been over 29,000 pageviews from 8,500 visitors from 145 countries
- 140 people have joined our roster of interested volunteers
- Our efforts during the next year are focused on increasing the number of trips listed on the website and encouraging surgeons in low- and middle-income countries to advertise their needs for assistance on the website.
Website is updated with new features:
- Now translated into Spanish, French, Simplified Chinese, and Arabic
- New buttons on the homepage to guide new users through the website
- New calendar feature to view upcoming trips
- New quick-entry forms for upcoming trips
- Hidden email addresses on every form to protect your information
- Meetings and Courses combined in one page
Endorsements of the website by major organizations:
- World Federation of Association of Pediatric Surgeons (WOFAPS)
- Pacific Association of Pediatric Surgeons (PAPS)
- Canadian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (CAPS)
Great news for American residents and fellows:
The Residency Review Committee (RRC) of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) has ruled that operations performed overseas will count toward residency training if under the supervision of an ABS-certified surgeon. Click here for more information.
Please browse, and let us know what we can do to improve the website.
The website is a work in progress, and we want it to work for you!